Make-A-Wish Concert & Takeaways
Hello everyone!
This is a very different post from the data science posts I usually make on this blog, but I wanted to make it anyway.
Yesterday I got the chance to perform at the Make-A-Wish Benefactor Concert with my band. I played the drums, and the experience was amazing. I wanted to share some photos from the event. We performed Let Down by Radiohead and Selfless by The Strokes.
Connecting this to this data science blog, working with my band to perform has taught me a lot about teamwork and perseverance. For me, playing music in a band is fundamentally different from any other collaborative initiative, group project, or any task that involves the work of many people. I've been in bands for years now, having played the drums for over 7 years, and every time I notice how each musician in the band needs to be on the exact same wavelength and timing; they need to be able to read what each person is thinking. Achieving it means tapping into a private radio frequency that connects all our minds to one another. Of course, this takes effort and time, and chemistry between players in a band comes at different times as well, but that sort of teamwork is something I want to emulate in the rest of my life. I want to be able to recreate it in my nonprofit, BrooklineBusiness.com Inc., when I work alongside and discuss with business owners.
Here is the link to the full video performance if you are interested: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12I8TmygNG6NlSjAN46hYV2zpQ6bxsoU4?usp=sharing


Comments
Post a Comment